Ocster Backup Pro 3 / Backup Software for Windows
Easy to use: the most accessible backup tool on the market.
Ocster Backup Pro 3 is a great backup software that was designed from the start to work fully automatic. You simply specify what you want backed up and when and then the software takes care of the rest.
Ocster Backup Pro 3 creates backup copies of your files and stores them either on an external hard disk or on a network drive.
Ocster Backup Pro 3 is really easy to use and requires no technical knowledge at all. With the software's scheduled automatic backups you simply select what to back up and when and that's it. The software will automatically keep your data safe!
Or try it out for free for 30 days: Download Free Trial Version.
New in Version 3:
- Even simpler file and folder selection: the program can automatically find files and folders to back up based on file types, special folder locations or custom rules
- Beautiful new user interface: makes working with the software even more enjoyable
- Improvements "under the hood": enhanced performance, compatibility and other aspects of the backup service
- Fully Automatic: Creates fully automatic backups of your data
- Easy to use
- Stop & Resume: Backups can be stopped and resumed. This is handy when the computer needs to be shut down, for example.
- Backup Reports: Detailed backup reports can be generated each time the backup is updated. The contents of the reports can be configured.
- Backup Report Emails: Backup reports can be automatically sent to an email address. That way you can be up-to-date on the state of your backups even when you are on a business trip or if the computer is simply a server in your attic.
- Network support: Files and folders on network drives can also be backed up. The backup data can also be stored on network drives if that is desired.
- Encryption: Backups are strongly encrypted and protected with a user password. The encryption algorithm can be configured, if that is desired.
- Compression: Backups are compressed intelligently to save space. Different compression types are available: from fast ones with moderate compression to slower ones with excellent compression.
- Scheduled: Backups can be started either automatically at scheduled times or manually by clicking a button.
- Storage Types: Backups can be stored on hard disk, USB sticks and network drives.
- Incremental backup: after an initial full backup only the changes to the previous state are stored. This saves space and reduces transfer times.
- Open File Support: Files and folders that are in use can be backed up as well.
- Hard Link and Symbolic Link Support: Hard links and symbolic links can be backed up and are properly restored as hard links and symbolic links.
- Special Files: Compressed, encrypted and sparse files can also be backed up.
- Encryption Algorithms: Backup can be encrypted the following algithms: AES 256 Bit, AES 128 Bit, BlowFish, Cast-128
- Compression Algorithms: The software supports the following compression types: ZLib, LZMA Quick, LZMA Normal, LZMA Best
- Small File Optimization: Through smart uses of compression the software can achieve high compression rates, even with many small files.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (the 64 Bit version of each operating system is also supported)
- 512 MB RAM
- Free space on hard disk: ca. 125 MB